(Leider auf englisch vorgeschrieben, da ich es auch bei reddit gepostet habe - falls eine deutsche version gewünscht ist kann ich das noch machen!)
I am encountering problems with my artillery genius pro after troubleshooting for over half a year now - very frustrated by now.
My monoprice select mini v2 did print a lot better - which makes me a little bit angry that I sold it (only downside was the print size)
What are my problems?
- inconsistent layer lines
- z-wobble at the top (it is the genius pro - so not as high as the sidewinder x2)
- wheel tension from carriage varying in different heights
- possible bend lead screw
What did I do? (I'll list everything- even not correlated with the problem, perhaps it is relevant for the solution...)
- PID Tuning Hotend
- PID Tuning Bed
- flow calibration
- calculated new e-steps
- Manual bed leveling
- automatic bed leveling
- 5015 sunon fan for the nozzle
- sunon fan for the extruder itself
- obviously a new fan-shrout
- new artillery ABL (the one that came with it was broken)
- installed one new stepper driver (broken too after a few weeks)
- removed the spool from the top and put it on the table (to remove vibrations)
- use a ptfe-tube to guide the filament and remove stress/pull on the extruder when it pulls on the filament while extruding (I've heard that is a problem of direct extruders)
- printed and used z- braces
- installed rubber-spacers instead of the springs underneath the bed
- installed a new metal idler
- adjusted every eccentric nut I could find
- changed the nozzle
- bought a dial gauge (which I wanted to use in order to check if the lead screw is bent - didn't use it yet as I don't know where td clamp it)
- disambled and reassembled the portal and motors and adjusted their distance
Which Problems did I encounter:
- no matter what I do: the wheels seem to sit tighter on the bottom than they do on the top
- one of my lead-screw seems to wobble - when trying to tune how the motors sit I noticed that, when loose, the left one wobbles around when moving the carriage up and down. The internet said: that's okay thats and why there are braces on the leadscew- but It was quite noticeable to me that my right lead-screw moves without problems and the left wiggles
- I dont know what the screws in "step 5" in the instructions do (where it is said to ONLY tighten/loosen them if needed). It seems they don't do much and I already fiddled with them...so if someone knows: please tell me
- as I have written, I noticed that the wheels sit tighter as I move the carriage downwards. I assume the distance between the portal is slightly different...
What can I do next?
Well...i hope you guys have answers, I am out of ideas and out of Youtube videos I could watch to tackle the problem...
I am really dissatisfied with the inconsistent layer lines - and I know that fdm printers can do better as I saw it out of the box with the monoprice.