Beiträge von Pr20100

Nero make a video about this problem -> few days after everyone is having the issue! :D Conspiracy 8| ??? So yes you can check if the X rods are on the right position and parallel. Could you share your bed mesh max deviation value?

It is much better if the spindle has freedom to move horizontally that being restricted by the bearing. Even on printers I know that have such a bearing, it is not fixed but can move within some constrains.

Without top bearings, if you Z screw moves freely, there's no interrest to use oldham. With oldham, it's better to have a stiff Z screw assembly and this is this part who compensate your screw defaults.

Its usually monted with 2 screws in the top so it's working under the gantry load.

Hallo alles (training my German)! Seems everybody is having fun with the Z motors 🤣 Pretty happy if some of you are improving their printing quality with these!

Mine is also better but still having some layers inconsistencies.

Maybe going to try flexible coplers too? Should I give them a try?

About this angle problem, I'm not sure that it came from the factory process (I think they are 90° out of the line) but I think there is 2 issues : before manufacturing, bad design of the mount + after assembly, the Z bearing rods who are pushing down the motor mount. That why I think that we should be carefull when tightening the 2 parts at the top of the printer.

Thank you, it's not what the macro is supposed to do... I will check, another day ;)

So sorry to be the Frenchy of the team but even if I use google trad that's not always easy...

I'm using this macro on all my printers since few years : START_PRINT BED=[first_layer_bed_temperature] EXTRUDER=[first_layer_temperature]

Quickly it's just :

- Preheat nozzle to 170

- Heat bed to 1st layer temp and wait

- Home XYZ

-Wait nozzle temp 1st layer

- Home Z

- Primeline

- Print

So I don't understand why we shoold use these 2 lines :

M104 S0; Dummy
    M190 S0; Dummy

Yes, less usefull since the last version of superslicer with improved accels management but it's also very interresting for square corner velocity. You can increase it for internal infill or infill and print gyroid a lot faster

It's just a low price bed slinger, you can make it better, print a bit faster but it's still what it is. You're not going to achieve very fast prints with big accels at a good quality even if your using input shapping, PA,... I mostly print at 800mm/s max for perimeters and 3K accel is usefull for gyroid infill by exemple. If you want a complete control of the accels and also scv you can try this :

Not tested on this printer but why not

So I understand what you mean by increasing compatibility but I don't want to had a ton of addons everywhere. There is a lot of solutions, slicers... it's an infinite problem if you try to make all work together in all the situations...

In SuperSlicer or Prusa... you just have to set the PA in your filament custom Gcode like this :

Code
    {if nozzle_diameter[0]==0.4} SET_PRESSURE_ADVANCE ADVANCE=0.035{elsif nozzle_diameter[0]==0.6}SET_PRESSURE_ADVANCE ADVANCE=0.045 {endif}

This method is nice, already used and no need to add a macro :

Ellis' Pressure Advance / Linear Advance Calibration Tool

I think it's not needed if you set the correct g-code flavor setting in the Slicer :

- SuperSlicer there is a Klipper option

- PrusaSlicer it's RepRap (not 100% sure)

@Felixina pretty sure you're using the silent profile on the video.

But the problem is that with your gcode your are going faster than the profile is made for.

If you take a look to the silent, basic or performance file you will see that the max speed and accels are set according each profile.

By example the stock (sovol like when not using my profiles) have stealtchop_threshold = 180 according to the max speed witch is set to 180mms.

So your printer never go over 180mms during a print and never change from stealth to spreadcycle.

So if you want to try properly this config, stop "console-gcode airprint" and print a sliced model :D ;)

i pulled all files from beta today. all configs included but makes buzzing sounds in performance mode.

same sound as before, it's the same config, nothing changed here no? It's normal to have this sound on spreacycle with no interpolation. To kill the noise the only way is to increase the microsteps from 32 to 64 but we will loose torque and steppers are getting hot... So to achieve more torque we have to increase the _current (1A in performance mode) but the motors are not rated for. We have 1.3Amps motors and runing 1 is the highest in my opinion. In theory we should be between 9.1 and 1.1 max on XY. On Z its a little bit different but we share one driver for 2 stepppers rated at .8Amps = 1.6 but we can't go over 1 without having some issues (I think came from the drivers themself)

Hello, thanks for the feedback. You should not have to change anything about the Z height. Are you using the stock TMC-2209.cfg file? Be sure you are not using more than 1A on Z driver. Could you please share me your Klipper log file? (Here or on Messenger)